Decorum Furniture has an excellent career opportunity for a retail salesperson. Decorum sells the latest in Contemporary, Modern, and Transitional home and office furnishings. We are locally owned and have been in business for over forty years.
Furniture experience preferred, but we will train the right person. The candidate must possess a positive attitude and the ability to solve problems. We are looking for motivated and aggressive sales associates that wish to be a part of a team that takes pride in our brand and our name in the community.
The perfect candidate must be self-motivated, a self-starter, dependable, and possess the ability to follow through with clients. Candidates should have strong presentation and communication skills, and have the ability to work well with others.
- Assisting clients with furniture and upholstery selection.
- Professional follow-through with clients and all aspects of each order.
- Excellent communication skills with fellow team members and clients.
- Must be able to work as a team with office, warehouse and sales staff team members.
- Ability to identify client needs and explain benefits and features of products.
- Properly prepare paperwork for each order.
- Assist in presenting a professional showroom presentation.
- Participate in all company sales events.
- Must have at least two years retail experience. (Furniture sales a plus but not required)
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have calm, positive, personality and ability to listen and desire to learn.
- Basic computer skills with internet and email.
- Ability to build relationships with customers for long term success.
- Be able to easily get around showroom and be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package; base salary plus commission, medical insurance, paid vacation, and a generous merchandise discount. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more details.